Monument to the Soldier of the Polish Underground State of the Hrubieszow Land 1939-1945
The history of the monument’s construction dates back to the 1960s. The monument was made to commemorate the fallen partisan units during World War II in the Hrubieszow area. In 1977 the project received a positive opinion from the Association of Polish Artists, but despite the passage of time the monument was not built. The initiator, founder and author of the concept – Stefan Momot decided to donate the stone with the unfinished sculpture to the city free of charge.
In this form, the monument lay in a square in the city center for more than 40 years (today’s promenade). In 2009 the decision was made to complete the monument and the ceremonial unveiling took place as part of the Polish Underground State Day celebrations.
Location: plac przy ul. Rynek (tzw. „deptak miejski”)